Donations will help cover expenses and are much appreciated!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Almost there!

The GPS unit came in. This is good because a test using the boost mobile GPS i290 phone confirmed that GPS does not work outside a small area surrounding Interstate 30. I would not have found my payload had I tried to use the boost mobile phone....man that would have been awful and a huge waste of time, money, and effort. So, I am now putting the payload together. I'll post pictures of it when fully assembled. Now all I need to do is put that together, test the current battery configuration, and rent the helium tank. I'm testing the battery's to see if they'll take pictures long enough for the entire flight, or I may need to add another power supply somehow. Given how much I've had to reconfigure everything else, it'd be a real shame to get the payload up into nearspace without having enough juice to take the appropriate pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment